[pianotech] Bending Sostenuto mounts

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 17:57:01 MST 2013

Working on an older MH A.  Discovered that the damper tray is mounted about
3 mm high on the treble side.  I can remove the pivot block and relocate the
pivot pin hole 3 mm lower easily enough. However, the sostenuto mounts were
also installed to match the damper tray misalignment and are also 3 mm high
on the treble side.  They will need to be realigned to match the orientation
of the damper tray. So I'm wondering about bending these mounts, how much
bending will they take and what's the best way to go about it (strung
already of course).  I have installed capstans on the tray but the 3 mm
disparity would have them pretty much bottomed out on one and, well, 3 mm
higher on the other end.

Gee, maybe that Steinway system isn't so bad after all.

Thanks in advance

David Love