[pianotech] Sostenuto

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 07:08:26 MST 2013

OK, definition of terms issue.  I was calling the pivots the blocks that
hold the damper tray in place and the brackets the things that hold the
sostenuto rod in place.  I can move the pivots and was wondering about
bending the brackets.  So the answer I gather from you and Jon Page is that
you can't bend the brackets that much.  So I either leave them alone (the
damper tray and sostenuto rod) which are currently parallel to each other
but not parallel to the key bed, or move them.

A few other measurements to make before I decide.  Thanks all.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com