[pianotech] Player Piano Parts

Larry Fisher RPT larry_fisher at pdxtuner.com
Wed Feb 20 21:50:30 MST 2013

Hi Steve and John,

PPC was liquidated a few years ago.  Durrell passed and his family didn’t want to try and run the place so the entire inventory was sold at two auctions.  I’ve heard rumors that the entire building and it’s unsold contents was taken to the dump.  Durrell’s knowledge and decades of experience went with him.

Leather belting I’m told doesn’t stretch hence it’s use in this application.

The rings used to hold the ends together are hog nose rings.  There’s a special tool used to crimp them most likely called a hog nose ring pliers.  It makes short work of the process.

As with the hog’s nose, no drilling is required.  I made a belt for my now ex-wife’s treadle sewing machine and it worked well enough to sew a corner of a huge canvas tent back together  .......  and that’s been the only experience I’ve had with the stuff.

Lar

Hi Steve,
Thank you for the reply.
I was thinking that the 1/4" would work, and possibly it just looked oval from use. It had broken.
Do you have the connecting hooks as well.
It looks like you punch or drill a hole for the hook.
Not having ran into it before, I am not sure of how to do it.
I would need three feet as it actually measures 35", and that would give me an inch to practise joining the ends.
Do you allow for stretch?
I could send you the US money order with my address, and US Mail is the way I get my stuff from Schaff.
I will be working on the unit in May.
Best regards,
John