[pianotech] Fork and piano temperature/pitch

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 22 09:30:49 MST 2013

John F. asked:
"Another way of asking: How can we be sure the fork has changed
enough to match the coming temperature change of the room?"

John,
In this modern world, there is a device that has a laser and measures
temperatures of anything you point the laser at.<g> I carry one with me to
show clients the differences in temperature of sunshine on the piano and
such. I got mine at good ole Harbor Freight. The only down side is it eats
batteries rapidly. (the buttons get pushed on, etc. with my usual jousting
of my tuning kit.<G>) I also use it to varify the temperature of tuning
forks that I am callibrating.
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.