[pianotech] OT: This is sort of music related - for all you lovers of RAP............

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 22 17:35:56 MST 2013

Well, Duane, I agree that it goes back to the 1920's (I've seen very early films with it) and probably before that; but it was still probably an African-American idiom, before Burns or any other White Vaudevillian used it. (Check out the Golden Gate Quartet's "Swing Down Chariot" for a 1930's sample.)

Thumpe