[pianotech] Two questions

Mike Kurta mkurta1 at charter.net
Sat Feb 23 05:08:37 MST 2013

    Esteemed colleagues:
    I'm rebushing a set of keys for a sight challenged technician who is unable to measure the balance and front rail pins for a 1966 M & H BB.  Are they the common .146" or something else?

    Here is a request for the same person which I am unable to fulfill.  Anyone?

    Question:  "Over 20 years ago, I used to sell, among other brands, zimmermann pianos.  Never had trouble with dampers on their uprights, but had loads of trouble with their grands where dampers are concerned.  I was a long time in finding out that they didn't employ metal inserts or sleeves in their top flanges.  My cousin, who lives in New York also, has one of these pianos.  Are you also equipped to drill out these blocks to accommodate the sleeves if I send you the damper action?  Or would you know of someone who would embark upon a challenge like this?"

    Mike Kurta