[pianotech] Say goodbyebye Folks

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 24 01:14:15 MST 2013

>From the Dark Side:
"2.From: Keith McGavern
Subject: Pianotech Mail-List Server closing April 1st
Message: All,

The thing I find so interesting about this final decision being made is
this.

The very thing that some resistant persons, whom have supposedly refused to
participate in, which is not the case entirely, and even one of those has
referred to calling it the dark side, will now most certainly have to
participate fully with my.ptg.org, or disappear from the scene. I find that
somewhat ironic.

There is one other option, however, and that is possibly Pianotech at
Google+ set up by Ron Berry. Only drawback, it still requires logging on to
the web.

So, the Mailman concept will be gone from PTG (Piano Technicians Guild),
however disappointing. It has served us well with all the volunteers that
worked behind the scenes to make it happen since forever!

Please don't feel that I am unsympathetic to a lost friend as the Pianotech
Listserv, but times, they do move on, like it or not. Someone, or something,
has got to go first in order that others, or other things, should live on
next.

I certainly am no exception.

Keith McGavern, RPT
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

What really galls my balls is that I had to hear it from the likes of Keith
McGavern! And, that the Board didn't have the balls to let us know in an
expedient fashion.
See y'all in the funnies after April 1st.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I
http://gpianoworks.com/