[pianotech] Say goodbyebye Folks moving OT

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 24 17:11:44 MST 2013

I have a sister-in-law who is an actual nut case, been through the hospitals
and all, finally managing stability.  22 years ago I said to her "We crazy
people need to stick together."  She wasn't amused. Two decades later she's
very glad I said that to her. I managed to get through about four pages of
the exam prep book for the tuning test, and could make it no further. So I
can tell customers "I don't know if I can tune a piano or not."  Good for a
few laughs, ice breakers, etc.  But I didn't learn a single thing about
tuning from the book. Computers and "directions" just don't work well for
me. I was going to build a 3X4 lean-to under which to roll my lawnmower.
Well I went to the hardware and started piling lumber on the cart, and ended
up with an 8X12 shed with seven foot walls, stronger by far than my house,
and since I didn't know how to do doors, I made an opening I thought was
about right, and built my own doors to fit.   But after years of WIN7 coming
out, it's only been in the last month I could actually find the C drive.
It's an embarrassment, but I have some sort of learning disability and a bad
memory to boot, and it would take a great deal of effort to learn the "new
system" which I've seen cursed a number of times on this list.  Besides,
Ron, if someone isn't at least mildly crazy, where's the interest in knowing
them.  It's the ends of the bell curve I find fascinating, not the mean....
Les b