[pianotech] Illustrated Guide to Google Signup, (or whatever<G>)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 25 21:45:34 MST 2013

Jim said:
"Here is an illustrated guide to joining the pianotech Google Group, using
a non-Gmail email account:

Bring up the email program you want to use, and compose an email to
pianotech+subscribe at googlegroups.com, like this:

And
then hit Send. Note there is no subject or body in the email. These are
not required, though if you put something there, I believe they will be
ignored. They go by the senders email address, which is automatically
included with the message, and that's all they need.

Then wait for a reply:

It
might take a few minutes, or you might get it right away, depends how
busy they are. When I open the message, it looks like this:

They said they heard me, and I should do one of the two things. I chose to
reply to the email, so I clicked the Reply button:

Then I hit Send.

No
modifications to the default reply my email program had put together, I
didn't clean up anything. I just hit Reply, then hit Send. I could've
clicked that button, "Join This Group" but that would be too easy.

Shortly afterwards, I received a
confirmation that I was now subscribed to the email list. One of the
things it'll say is you can now you can send emails to
pianotech at googlegroups.com.

That is all!"

Jim,
Thank you for that. However, there are two issues that no one has address:
1. The Digest Users, (which includes moi<G>) 2. How do we know if there are
posts? i.e. there is nothing that tells us there is traffic in that
platform, unless we log on and all that. Sorta seems like the SOS only
slightly different. Sigh.
Best,
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.