[pianotech] Google groups

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Feb 26 01:04:49 MST 2013

On 02/26/2013 01:47 AM, Paul McCloud wrote:
> Hi, Horace:
> Well, it seems you understand the software and technical details enough to be able to set it up and get it going.  You wouldn't, um, be able to, ah, jump in and, say, start it up again?  Ok, ok, just askin'
> I don't understand why PTG has to just throw it away, since it's working now.  If it's run from a dedicated machine in the home office (which it sounds like it is), can't we just purchase it and have it set up somewhere else?  Where it is doesn't matter.  If it takes an expert IT guy to get it up and running again, I know a few myself that could do it blindfolded.  My website is hosted by my webmaster on his own machines, so it can be done.  If the home office is just going to pull the plug and heave the server out the window, why we don't just dive in the dumpster and get it?  What am I missing?
> Anybody ask Andy Rudoff about this?  It was his system after all.  He created it, and maintained it, so he might be willing to give some expert advice on it.  Anybody know how to contact him?
> Paul McCloud
> SAn Diego

Great idea..........Someone in power, should be asking the HO and see if we (collectively) can take over the mail list
server.

Even I would put in some time and try to help - after all, I have setup and maintained, over time, 6 websites and for my
business, played with 4 shopping carts before settling on my current one CS-CART. (http://hechlerpianoandorgan.com/cscart3/)

So maintaining a mail list server is really a "piece of cake".

Just sayin', Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding