[pianotech] Google groups (Horace)

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 09:46:42 MST 2013

Thanks, Susan:
I think Horace has a handle on what needs to be done, so now we have a direction.  Obviously, we need some kind of service provider (ISP) so that the emails can be disseminated, so Horace can look into that.  The real issue is the cost involved, and who's going to pay.  PTG doesn't want to do it, which is why it's going away.  They don't see the need to spend an extra $30k  on something that they feel has already been superseded by HL.  Even if we can do it for a fraction of the cost, it will be on us to find a way to fund it.  Getting the PTG to do it isn't going to happen.  To move forward, we need some hard numbers.  Either we hire somebody to set up the system or go to Sonic or whatever.  And then, we'll have to volunteer, or take turns or? to oversee the day to day spam filtering and admin.
Once we get a handle on the cost involved, in real terms, then we will have to decide if we want to cough up the dough to make it happen.
Paul McCloud
San DIego