[pianotech] Protest the loss of PianoTech by responding

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 26 11:08:07 MST 2013

I,too have thought it not a big deal to put FRPT on a business card, and
then when asked, simply tell the story in two or three sentences. If a
significant number of the Registered ones would protest that way, the Guild
would be in big trouble. Chapters would close down for lack of leadership.
Revenues would crash.    It might bring down the organization if widespread,
since only RPT's can vote on most things.  I bet there would be no category
of voting for FRPT's/

I have been part of the list nearly 20 years. Good people have come and
gone. There is just more than a functionary email place here. It is also a
social history of the organization and its squabbles and curmudgeons, and
other good folks.  It's more than just a list, though if I have a question,
here's where I often go for answers, though I have a few here who are
smarter than I, and since I try to send work to them when I can, I don't
mind calling and asking.

The new, the brave, with all their technological "improvements" are guilty
in a sense of prejudice against the older people who have sustained the
Guild through decades, who want THIS simple forum to praise, question,
gripe, or whatever.

Les bartlett

  _____