[pianotech] {Pianotech] Finally,

Chuck Behm behmpiano at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:26:08 MST 2013

You guys need to quit whining about dropping a few paper punchings. They're
color coded, for God's sakes. I knocked a plastic compartment box full of
center pin punchings<http://www.pianopromoproductions.com/resources/Do%20Not%20Drop%21.pdf>off
the top of a TV to the floor. Imagine my chagrin as I scooped them up
into a pile. I can visually tell the difference between a size 18 1/2 pin
and a size 26, but how about the difference between a size 20 and a size 20
1/2??

The smart thing to do would have been to throw the entire works into the
trash and pick up the phone to dial Schaff to reorder, but I was so damn
mad at myself that I got out my micrometer, and miked ever stinking one of
them. A morning well spent, in that I got really good at converting the
micrometer reading to a pin size, and I've never dropped the box since.

I hold onto it with both hands when I move it from point A to point B and
watch where I'm putting my feet, let me tell you. Best wishes, all. Chuck
Behm