[pianotech] Archives

Jim Moy jim at moypiano.com
Wed Feb 27 10:29:23 MST 2013

Gzip, actually.

There are really two sets of archives: the raw email including headers in
the .gz files that you can download; and the ones in HTML format you browse
from that page, or from the Google search hits. The HTML is the result of
the email being processed by the pipermail utility (an add-on to Mailman)
and is what most people think of when they say "the archives."

The effort to transfer the archive to my.ptg.org will result in a
"Community" in HL parlance that has these posts converted from the .gz
files into HL format. Since that Community will be public, it should also
be accessible via Google searches.