[pianotech] Don't Leave! -Should be "Excuses" or somethng else

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 11:38:53 MST 2013

Dale said:
"Good post Mark
I spoke with my friend Jim Colman at length this am. A. Couple facts to
consider. Jim loves this list but has no vote on these or any other issue
the board comes up with. He has read about 1700 posts on the subject since
this started. he does care but he is only one voice. So influence yes,
vote...nada. The post notifying list closure that was not posted to us here
was an oversight and the reason Jim posted his comments. Jim says a major
blunder. So a bit of grace might be in order here.
Ok, so the short version . HL is a leased program which can go away if
delegates vote for it to. So step up, go to counsel, make our voices heard.
As it is said" I have met the enemy and its us". Can be true if we do not
participate. I told Jim much damage has been done and many of us are really
ticked off, including me, and that the Indians are leaving the HL
reservation never to return.
That said , Marks letter reminds this anti- organizational left over 60s
rebel of the intrinsic value we have all received from the org.and indeed
no baby should be thrown out with the bathe water... Much as I,d like to at
times.
I remind Jim that much of the lists members contributions are not political
but educational, ie tech tips, forum and such in the journal. Convention
teacher etc. He totally gets that. He is not the enemy.
Anyway HL will disappear from non use or because we made our voices heard
thru organizational channels. The. Choice is ours brethren
Kind regard
Dale.....still an Rpt"

Dale,
And why is it that you have to be the "messenger"? Can't our illustrious
Prez speak on his own about these issues! THAT is the main reason why I'm
so pissed off in the first place! He needs to get a spine and own up to
things and keep the masses INFORMED! The "oversight" was just another slap
in the face. It was not posted From the president or even from the
individual, Jim Coleman, Jr., but rather from PTG! What the hell is that?
We deserve more than a "form letter" response!
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I