[pianotech] Noisy Baldwin Spinet

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 28 07:51:21 MST 2013

Hi, Terry:
Maybe it's not the grommet.  I've found that sometimes the keys are bouncing on the balance rail, and the solution is to make the hole in the key a bit more snug on the pin.  If the keys drop with no friction at all as you install them, you might try glue-sizing the holes.  You might find it makes them quieter.
Good luck.
Paul McCLoud
San Diego