Institutional Piano Cleaning

David Skolnik dskolnik@msmnyc.edu
Mon May 3 13:38 MDT 1999

Dear List,

I would appreciate knowing how those of you in institutional settings deal
with piano cleaning.  In the past I think  I've seen that the best way to
encourage a large response is by listing  questions to which you can list
yes/no answers (with perhaps just one or two essays).  Thanks in advance>

NAME:
INSTITUTION:
STAFF POSITION / CONTRACT:

1 -	Is piano tech staff responsible for the actual cleaning of the pianos?

2 -	Does facilities (maintenance) do any piano cleaning?

3 -	If so, to what extent?

4 -	Do you use students to clean pianos?

5 -	If so, how much do you pay?

6 -	How often do the pianos in various venue types get  a)dusted?
b)washed?  c)polished?
			A)	Performance
			B)	Teaching Studios
			C)	Classrooms
			D)	Practice Rooms

7 -	Essay  (You can elaborate on any of the above responses or expound
freely):

I anticipate that your responses will be of significant assistance to me.
Thanks much.

David Skolnik
Manhattan School of Music
212 -749-2802  ext 455 / 355