pagers

Robert A Murphy murphyr@pilot.msu.edu
Mon May 3 13:57 MDT 1999

Their are 2 full-time techs here at MSU, most often going in completely
different directions.  So, the Chair of the Piano Faculty suggested we get
pagers to keep in touch with one another, and so that 3 or 4 key people in
the School of Music and Performing Arts Center could have access to us in
emergencies.

The pagers we have don't show the phone number of the person calling. Instead
the caller leaves a message on a voice-mail recording which in turn "beeps" us,
and we then call our voice-mailbox to retrieve the message.  It takes about 2
minutes to complete the process.

So far, so good.  Has anyone else had good/bad experiences with this degree of
accessibility?

Robert Murphy
Piano Technician,
Michigan State University