Steinway D problem

Kenneth Sloane kenneth.sloane@oberlin.edu
Thu May 6 12:39 MDT 1999

John- The tip of the damper may be resting on a node. If so, the damper
might be exciting a partial as violinists do by lightly pressing on nodes.
My recollection is that I have fixed problems like this by moving the damper
a little forward or backward. Doing this, of course, necessitates rebending
the wire.    Ken Sloane, Oberlin conservatory