Steinway D problem

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu May 6 12:47 MDT 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Ron Torrella wrote:

]Clarify something for me: I think you're saying that you play F5 and F2
]ghosts, sympathetically to F5. Right? And the string you're touching, the
]damper you're fiddling with - those are F2?

	Right!

]
]Does F2, in fact, have damping problems? Ie: when you play F2, does the
]damper ring or does it dampen properly? While you're checking that, watch
]the outside strings of F2. Do they come together (move toward center
]string) when the damper goes up and move apart when the damper reseats
]itself?
]

	F2 does not have damping problems. I'll check on the rest of this
when I get over to Donna's home next week! : )

]I find duckbill pliers to be especially handy for squeezing damper felts,
]btw. They're smooth-jawed so there's less tendency to tear the dampers up.
]
]Ron Torrella, RPT