Steinway D problem

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu May 6 12:49 MDT 1999

This is my guess too. I'll work in this direction. It is in a home and I
won't be going back until next week.

John

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Kenneth Sloane wrote:

]John- The tip of the damper may be resting on a node. If so, the damper
]might be exciting a partial as violinists do by lightly pressing on nodes.
]My recollection is that I have fixed problems like this by moving the damper
]a little forward or backward. Doing this, of course, necessitates rebending
]the wire.    Ken Sloane, Oberlin conservatory