Steinway D problem

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Thu May 6 12:52 MDT 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, John Minor wrote:

[snip]
> felt, to no avail. If I lightly touch any ONE of the 3 strings on either
> side of the damper the problem stops. I've tried yarn in the tri-chord
[snip]

Wait a minute. You touch *one* string and the ringing stops?? You sure
about that? All three strings ringing means you'd have to touch all three
to stop them from ringing. Touch one and the other three should continue.
Something doesn't add up....

"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the
opportunity in every difficulty."   -- Winston Churchill