Steinway D problem

John Minor jminor@uiuc.edu
Thu May 6 12:58 MDT 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Ron Torrella wrote:

][snip]
]> felt, to no avail. If I lightly touch any ONE of the 3 strings on either
]> side of the damper the problem stops. I've tried yarn in the tri-chord
][snip]
]
]Wait a minute. You touch *one* string and the ringing stops?? You sure
]about that? All three strings ringing means you'd have to touch all three
]to stop them from ringing. Touch one and the other three should continue.
]Something doesn't add up....
]

	If I "hold" ONE string with minimal pressure from the tip of a
tool, there is no harmonic. It stops! 	GO FISH!!

John