Steinway D problem

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Thu May 6 22:13 MDT 1999

John,

Can you touch one string or the other and then play the key
and get the ring?  It doesn't make much sense to me to be
able to touch any of the 3 strings and the ring stops.  Does
touching any one of the strings cause the damper head to
seat?  Does it move or change when you touch the string?
I wish I could be there to check it out...

David Ilvedson, RPT