Yamaha School Loan Program

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri May 21 08:42 MDT 1999

   The same applies here with our Kawai program. The dealer _is_ being
required to cut back for the next year, so almost all the verticals will
be going. That will leave us with a few empty practice rooms but as
someone said, that's not really a problem. Larger wind and string
instruments prefer that sometimes, anyway. Especially if the room is
fairly small.
   In addition we have a few grands that were loaned to faculty when we
started the loan program in order to make room for it. They _could_ be
called back into service if needed. Our sale is happening Memorial Day
weekend, so we'll see what happens.

Avery

>Can anyone give me the straight poop on this program? Is the school
>obliged to PURCHASE any of these loaner instruments at the end of the
>school year?
>
>John Minor
>University of Illinois

we talked to yamaha a few years ago and they would have required us to buy,
i think it was 20% of what we were being loaned each year.  right now we
are in a program with baldwin.  they do not require us to buy anything.
it's been two years now and all is going well.  i guess as long as the sale
does well each year they will continue to offer us the loan.

chris

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (740) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429

mailto:atodd@uh.edu

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music