help for a high school marching band

David Forman daveforman@yahoo.com
Wed Nov 17 17:33 MST 1999

Dear CAUT,
This is not the usual posting, but I am appealing to
the generosity of university music programs. My sons
have been a part of the marching band at Haddon
Heights, NJ high school for 6 years. During this time
the band has won numerous competitions and awards.
This past Saturday they competed in Atlantic Coast
Championships in Scranton, PA, where they took 8th
place out of 25 in group one. On the way home, around
2:30 AM, there was a fire in the equipment truck,
resulting in the destruction of most of their
equipment. I am asking college and university music
programs to consider donating any band instruments
that you are no longer using. You would be helping out
an excellent high school music program, and any help
would certainly be appreciated. If you can help in any
way, please contact the band director, Mr Rob
Renninger, at 1-856-547-1920, or you can respond to me
by e-mail (daveforman@yahoo.com)and I will foward the
message to him. He could let you know exactly what the
needs are now. I know he has plenty of trumpets, but
he might need other instruments. Thank you for any
help you can give us.
Dave Forman
Piano Technician, Westminster Choir College in
Princeton, NJ

=====