1/4 tone piece

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue Nov 23 12:13 MST 1999

In a message dated 11/23/99 7:04:01 PM, Rick.Florence@ASU.Edu writes:

<< One of our faculty has asked us to prepare our recital pianos for the Ives
"3 Pieces for 2 Quarter-Tone Pianos."  This includes tuning one of the
pianos 1/4 tone (50 cents!) flat  (Yes, the two are then played together).

Greetings,
  This is specialty tuning.  Let them know that this is going to require 6
tunings and additional time for string work.  Make sure that they understand
that the lower piano will be unstable for several weeks and tunings. Get paid
well for this, it is an extraordinary chore.
Regards,
Ed Foote