DC

Ruth Phillips webb50@home.com
Mon Aug 14 15:23 MDT 2000

To Chris Purdy and the list,
Our experiments show that you must bring the highs
of humidity down to where you can bring the low up
to, for cross-season stability.  In other words,  if the
maximum you can achieve in the dry season is about
35%, you need to get close to that in the wet season.
Usually, adding one or more extra dehumidifiers,
placed in a way that distributes the heat evenly,
will take care of that nicely.  They must also be installed
in a way that provides even feedback to the control,
and doesn't fight with the humidifier.
Sorry I'm about two weeks behind your discussion.
Ruth Phillips
-----------------------

| Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:16:16 -0400
| From: "Christopher D. Purdy" <purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu>
| Subject: Re: Dampp-Chaser systems in university pianos
|
| Our biggest problem here is extreme dryness in the winter, down to
7-10%
| sometimes.  (my little hygrometers are not very high tech so not
accurate
| under 28% or so but that is a good average).  What I have been finding
is
| that the pianos do not drop in pitch as much in the winter now but as
I am