overnite relief

Mark Cramer cramer@BrandonU.CA
Tue Feb 29 20:02 MST 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-caut@ptg.org [mailto:owner-caut@ptg.org]On Behalf Of Newton
Hunt
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 6:10 PM
To: caut@ptg.org
Subject: Re: overnite relief

The simplest test for aliquots is to get some silly putty and
stretch it out along the open strings and let it settle.  I carry
two eggs of the stuff in a better container and use it often when I
want to really hear the treble when tuning.  I can get better
octaves and unisons in the last octave that way.  It is extremely
effective and safe for strings and people.

One other sourceX-Mozilla-Status: 0009bearing bar to tuning pins if
the pins are too high or the damping felt between is too thin.

Is there another piano in the studio?

		Newton

The piano is onstage in our (200 seat)semi-live recital hall, no other
pianos on stage.  The strong ring is clearly coming off the S&S board.

Your suggestions are always intuitive and unique Newton, definitely "cool"
enough to try!

Mark Cramer