Pianalyze This!!

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu Mar 2 15:54 MST 2000

Hi Mark,

Most of your problems came from over modulation of the audio signal. Of
course if threshold is set too high then the mic volume has to be so high
as to cause this form of distortion. Yin / Yang anyone? I still think that
using the built in microphone (a two dollar item) to take measurements on a
piano worth as much as 100k is naive. By the way Dean has some *really*
neat upgrades planned for the next version and sampling is going to be
*even* better.

Hint, to check for over modulation get your record volume up on the screen
beside RCT. If it is going into the *red* when you play--you are getting
over modulation distortion. Adjust volume *down* until you have no red,
then go to prefs and set threshold low enough for a5 / a6 to trigger RCT.
(on 2 windows machines so far .3 is about right for threshold, not a fair
sample in any way)

At 10:21 AM 3/2/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Suffice it to say, with the recent upgrade from Dean, and tweaking of
>settings (threshold, etc.) by RCT veteran Don Rose, I am now
>(happily)cyber-tuning the way Dean intended. Furthermore, I don't think I'm
>going to need an external mic,
drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.htmlplanet.com/

3004 Grant Rd.