Pianalyze This!!

Mark Cramer cramer@BrandonU.CA
Thu Mar 2 09:08 MST 2000

>From a previous message;

 "One remaining detail is how to read partials one and two in Pianalyzer, on
 the diminuitive Libretto screen.  They do not appear."

Reply from Mike Hoffman,..  "Thank's Mike!"

"Pianalyzer:  Go to"Start" and click on "Settings" then click "Taskbar".
Make
sure Autohide is checked.  This will hide your taskbar when you move the
mouse away from it and you should be able to see the bottom lines.  If they
are still below the screen, click and drag on the top blue border of the
pianalyzer window.  This will move the whole window up and slide the top
under the RCT file menu.  I've got just enough room to click the "close" X
on
the right.  The window will return to wherever you adjusted it when you use
pianlyzer again."

Attention LIBRETTO users, this works exactly as Mike indicated.
No need to modify the program Dean.

Editorial Comment:
I have to admit I was a bit (okay, more than a bit) naive when I purchased
the Libretto and RCT.  Having seen RCT displayed on the Libretto in both
Providence and KC, I thought I could purchase and use this combination
"right out of the box."  Not so!

You should've heard some of the wierd temperments I was getting, or tried to
read the bass spinner on anything under 7 feet, much less get an A5 sample!
I know "they" (our gracious support folks) have to ask, but as an RPT with a
99%plus avg. on the tuning exam, I was more than "peeeeeeed" at the
suggestion "I might not be stopping the spinner correctly!"

Suffice it to say, with the recent upgrade from Dean, and tweaking of
settings (threshold, etc.) by RCT veteran Don Rose, I am now
(happily)cyber-tuning the way Dean intended. Furthermore, I don't think I'm
going to need an external mic, and the "efficiency" claims posted recently
on this list appear somewhat attainable.

I am happy to have RCT, moreso, now that it is reaching my original
expectations, and perhaps beyond.  I would have some advice for current and
prospective users however:

1.)  Upgrade your software, don't assume a good thing can't be made better!

2.)  If you're not computer-literate, (and don't really want to be) involve
someone who is, "hands-on," in the fine-tuning of your machine.

One final tip from Mike Hoffman;
"By the way, the second button from the right on the top end of the keyboard
(next to the "pause") is a very handy key.  It brings up the start menu and
then you can keyboard your way thru a few commands instead of reaching for
the mouse.  Forgive me if you are a windows-wizard;  it took me about six
months to get the courage to push that one!  I operate under the "if it
ain't
broke, don't push extra keys" rule."

"LIBRETTO users unite!"

Mark Cramer, RPT