Friction/Buzz at Agraffes

Ray Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Fri Mar 3 10:59 MST 2000

Has anyone else found strings to buzz at the agraffe?  I have a piano that
seems to.  I can usually stop the buzz by raising and lowering the pitch,
thereby moving the string back and forth through the agraffe.  These strings
also pop loose at the agraffe during tuning.  It doesn't seem to matter how
long it has been since the previous tuning, they still pop during tuning.
Has anyone tried clp or something else there with success.  Also there are a
few pianos that don't render well.  That is, the friction at the capo bar is
such that when you pull a string up, it continues to raise with firm blows,
and vice versa.  Any cure for this?

Thanks to all.

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Lewis and Clark Community College