Hamburg S&S value

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Tue Mar 7 18:58 MST 2000

CAUT,
	Our music department just inherited a Hamburg Steinway B, and I have been
charged with appraising it.  My question is this:  Is there any inherent
added value because it is a Hamburg, or would it be valued like any other
"B" according to our market and the piano's condition?  The value of a
Hamburg B in "The Piano Book" Price Supplement is $58,000 (see the
Supplement for all the conditions attached to *that* price), not that much
more than for a New York Ebony B at $52,800.  The piano was built in '83,
so a 50% depreciation would put the piano at $29,000.  Thanks for your
input.
Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu