reaming pinblocks

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 13 14:48 MST 2000

>BTW, we may all know this, but just in case, Yamaha (and other makers) offer
>up-size replacement tuning pins for the purpose of restringing.  There are
>two (metric) sizes available between the originals and our standard 2/0
>(.282").  They're more costly, but work very well.
>
>Many thanks,
>Mark Cramer
>Brandon University

Hi Mark,
             The Yamaha's that we are re pinning at the U of S we are using
standard 2/0 pins with very good results. Hand reaming with a standard 2/0
drill bit.
Three have been done this way, and it saves about $75.00 on the pins. And
the  time cutting the bags with only 5 pins in them. Maybe the increase in
cost is the packaging. <grin>
Roger
Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.