Yamaha problem

Robert Moffatt moffattr@cadvision.com
Wed Sep 20 01:02 MDT 2000

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Robert Moffatt=20
To: Avery Todd=20
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2000 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Yamaha problem

Avery,

Yes that's the one. I have done many of these repairs. Once again..take =
a close=20
look at the rail. With the symptoms you describe, the problem is a bent =
rail. Almost
always. The rail doesn't look bent...but it is. First... purposely, =
because of the action screw,
but very..very slight deviations in the rail will cause the uneven =
damper lift. Take the action
and give it a good bend. This will certainly show you where the problem =
stems from.
If you had to rebend all of the damper wires....(I don't think anything =
would cause them all to move
haphadsordly, due to a bent "hanger"). Bending the damper wires will =
correct the visual problem...
but won't address the real problem. If it were a bent hanger, replacing, =
or correcting the bent
hanger should address the problem. If not.....then back to the rail.

Warm regards,

Bob

----- Original Message -----=20