Steinway brass logo

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue Apr 10 17:30 MDT 2001

Once you pull the applique off, there will be a considerable 'impression'
left in the finish. The easiest thing would be to rip it out, fill, sand,
finish, rub-out.
Easy enough for a shop setting but real troublesome for a public setting.

Get the dealer to do this since it is brand new.  Complain to S&S.

You could always just pull it out and leave it blank.  A black on black
effect, trey kewl.
Stylized embossing in the finish, shadow effect.  Make it work, not make work.

I've left 'em blank,

Jon Page