Casters

TCoates tcoates@dtgnet.com
Tue Mar 13 17:26 MST 2001

John,

Look at the specs on the leg dollies.  It says "does not take the place
of grand piano truck".  I took over the service of a S&SD that had been
fit with the leg dollies.  I wasn't surprised three months later to
receive a call about the back leg.  It seems it snapped off when the
piano was pushed over a small floor seam.  The leg had to be replaced.
The bearings of the leg dollies spilled out when the dollies were
removed.

As the hall owners want the piano to appear as best as possible they
opted for the grand transporter.  Probably not everyone's choice, but in
this situation is the best choice.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota