Casters

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Wed Mar 14 04:49 MST 2001

Stick with the truck. At the University in Sherbrooke, the D lost it's back
leg a few times with the 3 casters. It even had the big concert casters
installed after replacing the 3 casters dolly and eventually, they broke
another leg while moving the piano. I would suggest the dolly unless they
want to get the Yamaha concert lift and mover. It works nice but maintenance
people have to be reminded to lower the piano after moving. The keybed and
frame can warp if left on the moving lift to long.

At the Orford Art Center, I've had one director a few years back that hated
the truck so much that he had us remove it before concerts. The piano was
lifted by hands and wood blocks were used under the legs. Painful, but
effective. He kept insisting that the piano sounded better without the truck
under. I wonder if he was wright or not ???

Marcel
Marcel Carey, accordeur technicien
(819) 564-0447
mcpiano@globetrotter.net