Guidelines addendum

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Wed Mar 14 15:31 MST 2001

Mike,
	Certainly these are good points. My notion is to skew the whole thing
towards schools with consensus reputation, leaving the average ones
anonymous. The idea is to create peer pressure, and emulation of those
institutions which are above the common herd. I agree it would be nice
to categorize more finely, vis a vis performance oriented/education
oriented, number of majors, etc. But that seems a rather overwhelming
task. Something to work towards, but not something to accomplish by this
summer.
	We really need to create and continually update a master database, with
a discrete and fairly easy to quantify set of parameters. I'm
considering this questionnaire, along with the CAUT survey, another
small step in that direction.
Fred