report

Richard West rwest1@unl.edu
Thu Mar 15 08:46 MST 2001

I take care of the pianos at for the music department but I don't
service any other campus pianos.  I recently received a call from
housing (dorms).  The head of housing wants to buy some new pianos and
so we discussed pianos and piano maintenance.  I offered to prepare a
basic piano maintenance outline so that he would know what a piano needs
to keep it functioning well.  He's supportive since he knows how quickly
the pianos go out of service in the dorms.

Please read the two page sheet I prepared and give me your thoughts
about it.  I have deleted the figures for cost in the spaces that say
"cost."  Suffice it to say that I think I quoted reasonable figures so
that he would know that it's going to take some money to preserve the
condition of the pianos.  I didn't include problems of access and locks
but the housing director and I discussed those issues.

Richard West, University of Nebraska

--------------ad3644AC9533E59A81C411ECBB
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available