Casters

Daniel Gurnee dgurnee@humboldt1.com
Thu Mar 15 23:39 MST 2001

on 3/14/01 5:09 AM, TCoates at tcoates@dtgnet.com wrote:

> Conrad & Marcel,
>
> I concur with Conrad about the bass is fuller without the truck.  I'm not
> advocating taking pianos off a truck.

A solution to connecting the piano to the floor when its on a truck is to
set a block of wood or wedge under each leg. It doesn't take much effort to
lift the truck ends with a pry to place the block.

 The S&SD I service that took a nose
> dive
> was next put on a truck for safety's sake.  The truck they had was old and the
> frame had bent enough that the wheels had too much of a "caster" to them.
> They
> would rub against the arms of the truck during certain turns.  The piano is
> kept

It is also possible to put a recurve in the truck, if not with music dept.
equipment, the campus shop; so when the piano is placed on the truck, it
springs to strait.

Dan Gurnee, HSU Retired