detuning crisis

Michelle L Stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Mon May 7 15:05 MDT 2001

Is it me or is the thought of de-tuning a piano in frustration (after tuning
it nicely) the funniest thing you ever heard... or could dream of???

I personally would not do that, but I have been in  situations where nothing
in the world could make me happier than to see the looks on their selfish
faces when they hear the monstrocity I left them with.

There was one time when living in nyc when I was called in a PANIC to tune
for a last minute recording. Not only are all the musicians there, but my
appointed time to work was when they all decided to go through everything
"just one last time". Pffftt... you can imagine how much work I got done
with THAT going on. Finally, 1/4 into everything I just left. I was even
getting looks and glances from them as they tried to play while I worked.

I WAS paid and probably only beacuse the piano was on loan to the venue.
After this episode ( with other added incidences) the company decided to
pull all three of their pianos out of there.

Heehehehehe!!!!!!
:) michelle
stranges@oswego.edu