Yamaha piano loan program

Scott E. Thile scott.thile@murraystate.edu
Wed Nov 7 08:01 MST 2001

Hello Steve and other cauts,

We had a newsletter that covered this subject some in '97. You can read
on-line. It covers the basics of these programs as well as the benefits and
pitfalls. The contact info for the various programs may not be current any
longer though.  Check the issue out out at:
http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/newsletter/2_97/newsindex.htm

The following article is a compilation of emails from the pianotech
listserve that deals with the subject:
http://www.mursuky.edu/caut.php/newsletter/2_97/ptechlon.htm

These loan programs can be a good stop gap, but they can also cause some
problems with long term owned inventory shortfalls. Care must be taken to
keep a viable back up plan in place and ready to go in case the program is
cancelled.

Take care,
Scott
-------
At 09:02 AM 11/7/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello group-
>         Does anyone have any familiarity with these loan programs whereby
> companies loan you pianos for a year and then replace them? I work at
> Cleveland State University and, times being what they are, we've been
> offered one such 'deal'. If you do, let me know at
> <mailto:s.kabat@csuohio.edu>s.kabat@csuohio.edu. I'd appreciate any onfo.
> Thanks.
>     Steve Kabat, RPT

Scott E. Thile, RPT