bottom covers

Don drpt@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 19 11:59 MST 2001

Hi Mark,

The install is a standard between the beams install. I have used staples to
attach the velcro. If I use my compter case as a velcro test bed then I
think you have little to fear. I've opened and closed my case 4 times a day
5 days a week for 4 years. The velcro works just fine.

I think you will find your watering routine can be stretched out to double
time. Why not take one grand piano and drain it. Then add two cans. Then
time it until the LWL flashes? That would give you a ball park figure for
routine checks. After all the system does have 50% redundancy built in with
the water level. My gut feeling is that the piano could probably flash for
2 weeks with the new bottom cover system without going dry. If you have a
grand with a smart bar you could also test for this, without hurting the
instrument if you did it in the summer time.

At 10:59 AM 11/19/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I am concerned about the velcro attachment system. The method of watering
>that has evolved here is to check tanks manually on a routine schedule,
>rather than by the warning lites.
>
>As this requires reaching into the tank, it will require
>detaching/re-attaching a portion of the bottom-cover weekly. I'm worried
>about how the velcro will hold up.
>
>re: between the beams
>
>I have retrofit several systems in preparation for bottom covers. Are
>Dampp-Chaser recommending suspending the tank on 'shortened' hangers for the
>'tween the beams' thing, Don? I couldn't discern this from the instructions.
>
>At one time I had considered installing an outboard riser-tube for an easy
>visual check of water levels.
>
>Anyone else considering the ramifications of bottom-covers on watering
>routines? Let's talk.
>
>thanks,
>Mark Cramer,
>Brandon University