Rolf, 48%

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Mon Nov 26 10:45 MST 2001

Hey Paul,
Just reporting what the expert advised.  I don't expect him to dispute how
to tune a piano.  Don't you know how we hate when a non tech piano
salesperson tells a piano customer something that just ain't so?  Usually
the guy who fixes 'em knows more than the guys selling 'em.

I had used those 90 day filters for about a year before receiving that
advice, although I think we were using the Purolator rather than the 3M.  I
thought I'd been doing the right thing until he told me the filter was part
of my cooling problem.  I noticed immediate improvement in the cooling
ability of the unit after changing to the cheapies.  You can stand under
the intake and feel the difference in airflow.  With the cheapies, it'll
slam my bedroom door, and that had not happened before I switched.  And,
I'm amazed at how much stuff gets trapped in the cheapies, too (especially
if you leave 'em in longer than you're supposed to).  The difference in
dust around the house was minimal if noticeable.  Can't say whether or not
the bill went down because that would have been about May/June and it
hadn't gotten hot yet.

I tend to think that the 90 day things are good sales fluff kinda like a
lot of other things like "doesn't need to be tuned as often as...."

Jeff