annealing brass; THANKS!

Tim Coates tim.coates@wapin.com
Mon Nov 26 15:34 MST 2001

Mark,

If you are going to disassemble the action to put the rail in an oven, I would
replace the butt-plates.  I repair brass actions to make the piano limp along
until another piano is purchased.  Half the time the butt-plate is the
culprit.  Yes, a much easier repair.  But if you have the action apart I'd
replace those butt-plates.

Tim Coates
University of South Dakota
University of Sioux Falls