Sizing

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.music.sc.edu
Fri Sep 7 10:55 MDT 2001

Avery,
Have you measured the humidity inside the action cavity?  I think I'd try
drying out the action centers with a blow dryer before I'd mess with
repinning or resizing this time of year, then wait and see if the humidity
control system keeps it under control.  Your pianist could use the piano
tonight.

I'd also look at the damper lever flanges to see how tight they are.

Lucky are you to have a humidity control system.

Jeff

Avery Todd wrote:
>I've never done much sizing of flange bushings, so I'd appreciate
>some advice and/or other solutions. Our first concert of the season
>is tonight and the primary pianist has decided to use the rebuilt
>'D' instead of the one he normally uses.
>

>Thanks for any help/advice you can give me.
>
>Avery

Jeff Tanner
Piano Technician
School of Music