Sizing

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri Sep 7 10:07 MDT 2001

Hi Avery,
              Warm the action up with either a couple of damp chaser rods
and a blanket over it, for several hrs, and recheck results before doing
any thing drastic.
If the piano was fine before the flood, and the humidity system will soon
be running,  I think that I would do no more than what I suggested.  You
could end up with loose pins by sizing when things get back to normal.
Lose pins will result in some tone loss, I'm sure you don't want to head in
that direction.
Another quick test is to remove one hammer and wippen assembly and warm
with a hair drier, and confirm diagnosis.
The key sticks being soft wood, may have swollen quite a bit, so it would
be well worth, removing the stack and checking the bushings and BR holes.
I would opt for waiting before doing anything much more than that.

Regards Roger