Ballistol

Ray T. Bentley Ray@Bentley.net
Thu Sep 27 08:08 MDT 2001

The website for ballistol says that it leaves a protective oil film that
prevents dirt from sticking.  That and other things in the description lead
me to think it is a mineral oil with carriers.  Isn't that the basic
ingredient in the old center pin lubricants sold by the supply houses.  BTW
mineral oil is sold for internal use as a laxative.  I'm skeptical. It's
hard to believe that the European community has been using a 90 year old
product that we are just now finding out about.  I would proceed with
caution.  It's my feeling that the McLubes and Protek products serve us
well.

--
Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Alton, IL