budget

Fred Sturm fssturm@unm.edu
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 07:40:35 -0600

Ed,
	You're right, rebuilding is much more cost-effective than replacement - to
an extent. My first replacement priority will be 30-odd 40 year old
Hamiltons. I also included $5000/year for parts, $4000/year for a student
employee, $3000/year for contract tuning, and $3000/year for contract
rebuilding. Exactly how those numbers will balance over the long haul will
be subject to experience, but I do have $15,000 built in for parts and
labor, against $45,000 for annual replacement. The replacement scheme
assumes uprights last 40 years, grands 60 years.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico